THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 16, 2009

Love and Romance.

A friend asked me a question today. Basically it went like this, "Do you think two people can stay in love for a long time". At the time, I thought to my self, no. I has always been fixed with this answer. It just didn't seem possible for two people to be together for long periods of time, yet alone their entire lifetime. But being the lonely bastard that I am, I began thinking about it. And here's something interesting I came up with.

I believe that married people can find even more profound joys, be it with the birth of their children or the depth of the relationship itself that can evolve into something that they can't possibly live without. Yet, its still something that doesn't quite resemble love. At least not the romance of love. This is my conclusion after long deliberation. The love you have for a person, comes from your heart, so it can never die. However, its the romance in the relationships that cannot last. The flowers, the candy and the cute names. I'm not saying its impossible, its just improbable.

The promise of love can be everything. That being said, I believe that love, even if its for a day, means something. Romance is at this point, irrelavant. I guess Im just too much of a romantic. One of my lady friends once told me, " Jay, no girl or woman could ever possibly live up the promise of tomorrow that love holds for you. You're too picky". Thats the problem isn't it. People who are desperate for boyfriends and girlfriends always embrace the promise of tomorrow. There are too few people who actually celebrate the joy of "now".

Every morning, I wake and think to myself, will this be the day? Everynight i put my head on my soft pillow, I wonder to myself, will I meet her tomorrow? I imagine what she'll look like, her smile, her hair, and the way she laughs. Like I said, the promise of love can be everything. So, I guess that love is eternal but romance is today. Its not impossible, just improbable. But then again, who knows?

0 comments: